Ben
So this past weekend at the conference the outbound coordinators (Doug and Sharon Richmond) came up to me and said that I was the last one out of like 30 outbounds to get their Guarantee Forms! This wasn't a huge deal because my host parents have already contacted me and everything, but the only reason why I wanted them was so I could get my itinerary. Well I still don't have my Guarantee Forms... but I DO have my tentative itinerary:) which is AWESOME! I guess my corespondent sent my forms to my travel agent because they sent me an email on the 14th saying all my travel documents were in! WOOO :D I know I've said it a million times, but everything seems so official!!!



DEPART: THURSDAY AUGUST 20TH
ARRIVE: FRIDAY AUGUST 21ST

NORTHWEST AIRLINES FLIGHT: 1244
LEAVE: CHICAGO/O'HARE 12:05 PM
ARRIVE: DETROIT/METRO 2:30 PM
(235 MILES)

NORTHWEST AIRLINES FLIGHT: 40
LEAVE: DETROIT/METRO 4:00 PM
ARRIVE: AMSTERDAM NETHERLANDS 5:55 AM
(3940 MILES)

NORTHWEST AIRLINES FLIGHT: 8245
LEAVE: AMSTERDAM NETHERLANDS 8:20 AM
ARRIVE: BERLIN/TEGEL 9:40 AM
(361 MILES)


For any future outbounds interested in how much open-ended tickets cost, mine was $2,235.28. I don't know about your financial situation, but I come from a family of 5 kids, and two thousand dollars is a lot of money to me! However, the plane ticket is the only BIG payment a rotary exchange student is required to pay... If you are on the boarderline of rotary or another program... I'd really recommend rotary! Other programs cost like $10-$20K! So far, I have only had to pay for 2 conference weekends (<$500) and the travel expenses ($2300). Also, rotarians are so helpful with everything- seriously anything from personal concerns to financial concerns to travel arrangements... there is ALWAYS a rotarian you can call from your area and they will HELP YOU! GO WITH ROTARY :D



Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Countdown

Time Zone

If you have any questions...
-facebook me
-email me (benjaminmau@gmail.com)
-comment me
I'll be here :)